Saturday, August 20, 2011

Broad Brushstrokes

Step back. Look at what you've created. My God! I wish I could've done something so great! You've taken steps that few others would have. Your accomplishments are etched so thoroughly into my mind!
 
But you still have a ways to go...

You can't allow yourself to focus on these miniscule and inconsequential trials. Step back. Look deeper! There is something better for you. Look at the things set in motion and find encouragement in the fact that it is being orchestrated so that you will be fulfilled! I know things are not where you longed for them to be. But they will be, even if it's in a way you don't expect! These overly-detailed strokes will cause the fight you have to dwindle. Your passion will become nothing but monotonous, apathetic routine.

At the end of this road, you'll find what you've been longing for! Take your hands away from the sides of your eyes and see the world in a widescreen splendor! Paint your destiny with a smile on your face and determination in your heart! I'm here, cheering you on! Even though my sense of longing may never be quenched. But even that is inconsequential to what I believe you can do. Just take your clear direction and go. And maybe, just maybe, we'll end up brushing the same painting...


:::::Listen to To Whom It May Concern by Underoath:::::

No comments:

Post a Comment