Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sleeping Skin

Breathing heavily. It feels nice. Alleviate stress, if only for a moment.

My hand runs across your skin. Such softness. Such sequacity.

My eyes are burning. I need this touch. I need this tract of faux safety.

I see the smile in your eyes. You need it. Just like me.

I smile a sad smile. I know the truth. I know this is not a truth.

This is not a reality. It is a fiction. But my eyes are still burning.

Awake from a sleepwalk. I run my hands across your skin.

The sinking absolution grips my chest. I know. Oh God! I know!

I lean in to kiss your lips. They are so sweet against mine.

My hands take one final run across this tract of false tranquility before I let the realization take hold. Your skin is so cold to my touch.........you're no longer breathing.....



...you're dead to me darling

No comments:

Post a Comment